This Saturday the 30th of November we need your help to get extra jobs around our school done! We will start at 9.30am and finish at 12.30pm. We need trailers and transport to the Resort Centre in Hikurangi or Whangarei, equipment to prune and chainsaw trees, trailer or ute to collect mulch from Barrons, someone ok with heights, weed out gardens and just help out. If you can’t make this date and can do a job on another day just let us know.
Working Bee Jobs:
- Remove broken fridge freezers to dump.
- Prune lower branches of trees along the estuary.
- Remove old couch, desks, and chairs to the dump. If you would like any of the old desks you can help yourself.
- Reorganise furniture under Room 2.
- Weed and tidy gardens outside Staffroom and Room 2.
- Weed Rongoa Garden, put cardboard down, collect wood chip from Bruce Barron and spread around the garden.
- Organise staffroom.
- Clean gutters.
- Remove grass and dirt from Tennis Court surface.
- Clear all steps from school to the seawall.
- Tidy up the seawall.
- Prune lower branches of Plane Trees.
- Check water timer system in Shade House
- Clean changing sheds.
- Check Security lights.
- Tidy area around Pou, cut flax etc.
- Set rat traps.
Do you have any of the following that you could donate to the school for the Youthtown Shed during the camping season?
- Fridge & Washing Machine for camping.
- Flatscreen TV for Youthtown Shed(any size).
- Double, Queen or King bed in good condition.
We also need the following for storage of Kapa Haka gear:
- Old clean sheets.