This rugby season two Hikurangi teams have combined to create the ultimate team for the Under 11s.  So far they have won three games and lost three. Hopefully, their next game is a win! 

Devastation struck as their first game of the season was a loss.  They went up against Mid Northern and sadly failed to execute in the second half.  They lost two tries to nothing. 

Feeling like they were facing their enemies, the next game was against Marist and they got wasted! It was six excruciating tries to nothing.

Going into the third game with two loses was hard, they were feeling pretty sad.  The game was against Hora Hora and the score was sore! Absolutely no tries to ten tries. Shocking!

How could they go on?  Well, the next game was the turning point!

They went against Otamatea and guess what!?  A win! It was a close match, they won by only two conversions.

After Hikarangi’s under 11’s first win they were feeling pretty excited for the next game. they whipped the Kamo Magpies we won by two tries that was the second game which means that is two games in a row. 

The next game was exciting they were hoping to get their third win of the season. They played against Kamo black. We wasted them the final score was seventeen to fifty-two. 

These games do not just come from nothing they come from hard work and determination. 

I  have interviewed some players from the Hikarangi under 11’s team. The first person I interviewed was Lachlan Peters he told me that he wants to be an All Black when he is older. He also told me his position which is a lock. He also said he was excited about the next game and he hoped that his team won.

I also interviewed this boy called Cordell Tepania. He also wants to be an All Black when he gets older and he told me his position which is half back Cordell is eager to get back on the field and get some tries.